Monday, March 14, 2011

Basics

Ok.
I was asked today what are the basic staples one needs to cook in the kitchen with. I had to really think about it because while one person might like garlic, another may not..
So the basic essentials i have in my kitchen at all times and will never run out of are.....(drum roll please...)
Salt (table salt, Sea salt & Kosher salt), Pepper, Garlic, Seasoned salt, Italian seasoning & Cinnamon.
With those, i can whip you a meal that your future grand kids will be talking about..
You can have all those other seasonings, but realistically speaking.. how many of us really use Lemon grass to season food for our kids that may have 20 minutes to sit and eat before they have 5 hours of homework or go off to the next sporting event that is on the schedule? I like to keep it simple. that way when i do use lemon grass or sassafras, its fresh and something that the family will be impressed with.
What do you keep in your arsonal of seasonings? 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I have hope! I have those seasonings! My main seasoning that i use is seasoning salt. I am so glad you started this....I will be your best pupil! : ) I can only go up from where I am in my cooking skill ; )

    ReplyDelete